Overview of project: ICDRM is the 03 years multi-country project, supporting by PLAN International Bangladesh, implementing in 03 unions Veduria, Rajapur and Kachia union under Bhola sadar Upazila. Inclusive Disaster Risk Management is the main theme of the project; Capacity build up on DRR and Response of the local DRM committees and general communities of the target areas.
1. Increased natural disaster preparedness capabilities of communities in Bangladesh and the Philippines
2. Identification of elements of a replicable model for building inclusive community level natural disaster preparedness
3. The Emergency Response & Early Recovery Fund results in mitigated impacts of natural disasters on girls, boys and families in countries in Asia where Plan operates
Implementing Partner: JAGONARI
Project locations: Bhola district .
Sub-District: Bhola Sadar.
Union: Veduria, Rajapur, Kachia.
Duration of the project: March 2018 to August 2020 Total budget: 3, 52, 19, 495/-BDT
Target Group: DDMC, UzDMC, UDMC-03, 27 WDMC, 27 Child & Youth Group and mass people of three unions.
Major intervention areas/major activities:
- Train committees on effective mainstreaming of gender, disability, culture sensitivity.
- Orient and train local DRRM committees on CCA and Inclusive-DRRM, including on existing laws and structures, terminologies, risk profiles, and inclusive risk assessment and contingency planning.
- Orient School Disaster Management Committees on Comprehensive Safe School Framework.
- Support committees to conduct community risk assessment using the participatory hazard vulnerability and capacity assessment (HVCA).
- Support committees to create inclusive, gender-sensitive contingency plans with simulations and established community early warning system.
- Provide funding to retrofit or rehabilitate.
- 27 WDMC group formed of total 810 members (Female 380, Elderly people-58, DAP-35, Trangender-2, Minotrity-22).
- 27 Child & Youth Group formed of total 810 children including Girls- 395, DAP-32, Minotrity-27.
- 03 UDMC is reformed where 09 excluded persons are included; Transgender-02, Children-3, Elderly-2, Minority-03.
- Local Govt. already taken few initiatives from RRAP.
- Community started adaptation practices at their community on Early Warning, Preparedness & Evacuation drill.
- 03 RRAP prepared, among them 22 micro projects selected.