- JAGO NARI is going to implement ICDRM Project, Supported by Plan International Bangladesh at three Unions under Bhola Sadar Upazilla.
- JAGO NARI is seeking application from the appropriate and qualified candidate who has the nationality of Bangladesh and has willingness to work in community level.
- Duration: one year`s contract (with probable extension).
- Design the tools for conducting in-depth safety assessment of individual schools in the project area to identify structural vulnerability and needs.
- Provide training to the Community Mobilizers in conducting the assessment.
- Work closely with the Union Coordinator and Community Mobilizers in conducting the safety assessments at the school level.
- Prepare an assessment report including the school wise activities to be undertaken to ensure safety and resiliency of the school in disasters.
- Validate the assessment report by the school teachers, students/ children, SDMC, SMC, UDMC and UP.
- Design the small-scale mitigation activities considering the building codes and having support from the Upazila/ District Education Department.
- Ensure that the designs include the considerations to ensure accessibility of the children/ persons with disabilities.
- Validate the design by the children, persons with disabilities, SDMC, SMC, and UDMC.
- Ensure disaster resilient WASH facilities in the school environment for children, and especially girls.
- Maintain weekly and monthly implementation plan.
- Jointly work with the Union Coordinator and Community Mobilizers assist them for smooth implementation.
- Establish and maintain liaison/coordination with the SDMC, SMC, UDMC, LGIs and Education department as required.
- Implement the activities as per Detail Activity Plan (DIP). such as —
- Work closely with SDMC and SMC for implementation of the small-scale mitigation activities as per plan and design.
- Organize training sessions for stakeholders to ensure achieve project objectives.
- Ensure awareness of the children on use of WASH facilities available at the school level.
- Prepare weekly and monthly progress report of the small-scale mitigation activities and submit to the Project Manager on time.
- Follow-up and monitoring of the activities to ensure quality and timeliness and provide the SDMC and SMC with necessary feedback for improvement.
- Post Graduate/ Graduate (All academicals result will be minimum 2nd class/ Division).
- At least 3 year(s)
- Age at most 40 years
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in implementing the civil Engineering activities related to DRR at the community level; communication, liaison and collaborating with the LGIs/GO/NGO officials; report preparation at the different stage of the project; good communication skills in English and Bengali; willing to work closely with the project stakeholders at the Union, Upazila and District level; good understanding about rural community, its dynamics, power structure and development issues; sensitive to the needs and conditions of women and children.
- Good skill on computer and have valid motorcycle driving license.
Bhola (Bhola Sadar)
- Salary Range: 39191/= Taka/ Month + Others admissible benefits as per organizational policy.
Link : https://jobs.bdjobs.com/jobdetails.asp?id=894195&fcatId=12&ln=1
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com