Purpose of the post:
JAGO NARI has planned to implement a project with the support of International Rescue Committee (IRC) to strengthen COVID-19 registration and vaccination campaign in Rangabali Upazila in coordination with Upazila Health Complex of Golachipa Upazila, Patuakhali district. The vaccination campaigns will be organized maintaining the schedule of Golachipa Upazila Health Complex and both doses of vaccine will be provided to target beneficiaries. The project will engage youths and youth forum for organizing vaccination campaign in Rangabali Upazila.
The Nurse will be a member of Jago Nari health team and will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the health care activities of “Promoting COVID-19 protective behavior and vaccination uptake in the remote areas of Patuakhali district in Bangladesh” project. The job holder will work closely with the Upazila Health Complex for the assigned project activities under the supervision of Project Officer.
Major responsibilities & Tasks
- Project Planning:
- Prepare a vaccination rollout plan in coordination with the Health complex of Galachipa Upazila, Patuakhali with support from supervisor.
- Prepare weekly, monthly activities plan as per project work plan.
- Responsible for administration of the COVID-19 vaccine
- Ensure correct syringes and needles used as per National Standard Operating Procedure
- Ensure disposal of clinical waste as per national protocols and guidelines
- Ensure that the patient is directed to the post vaccination observation area, within the delivery setting and advised of purpose of observation period, timing and general post vaccination advice
- Respond to and report immediately to medical doctor on emergency situations, such as AEFI
- Support Project Officer to communicate Upazila Health Complex administration.
- Provide health care, First Aid and medical assistance when required during vaccination rollout time and in Upazila Health Complex if required.
- Ensure that all, medical equipment, logistics and supplies are in placed to carryout vaccination campaign
- Support Upazila vaccine team for smooth vaccination.
- Organize vaccine Campaign
- Support health workers to carry vaccines from the health complex to Union level.
- Maintain a vaccine card of registered people.
- Counsel people who will come to the health centers for getting vaccines.
- Collaboration and linkage
- Established professional relationship with Upazila Health Complex management and support them to prompt vaccination activities.
- Establish effective linkage with the service providers of Upazilla level Health Complex.
- Documentation and reporting
- Collect data from the vaccine register on vaccination and provide timely report to the project Officer.
- Collection of case Study, success story, human story and video clips on project and submit to the project officer.
- Submit weekly, monthly, quarterly report to the project officer.
Project Officer, JAGONARI
Commitment to JAGONARI:
The nurse is responsible for organizing and developing the Promoting COVID-19 protective behavior and vaccination uptake in the remote areas of Patuakhali district in Bangladesh project under direct supervision of the Project Officer. The Nurse will ensure Zero Tolerance policy of JAGO NARI on Sexual Exploitation & Abuse and Child Safeguarding policy including other policy & procedures of the organization in managing and implementation of the project.
Read Before Apply
Interested candidates are requested to apply within 29th October, 2021 under the mentioned address-Email/ Physically with an updated CV along with a cover letter attaching of all educational certificates, 02 passport size photograph, Copy of National ID, Copy of COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate.
No TA/DA will be allowed for participation in the walk in interview.
Women are especially encouraged to apply.
JAGO NARI, Ashahi Mansion (2nd floor), College Road, Barguna