Post title: Project Officer
Name of Project: Promoting COVID-19 protective behavior and vaccination uptake in the remote areas of Patuakhali district in Bangladesh
Purpose of the post:
JAGO NARI has planned to implement a project with the support of International Rescue Committee (IRC) to strengthen COVID-19 registration and vaccination campaign in Rangabali Upazila in coordination with Upazila Health Complex of Golachipa Upazila, Patuakhali district. The vaccination campaigns will be organized maintaining the schedule of Golachipa Upazila Health Complex and both doses of vaccine will be provided to target beneficiaries. The project will engage youths and youth forum for organizing vaccination campaign in Rangabali Upazila.
The Project officer will be responsible for effective management and efficient delivery of the “Promoting COVID-19 protective behavior and vaccination uptake in the remote areas of Patuakhali district in Bangladesh” the project. This position is responsible to supervise Nurses, Youth Volunteers and guide them in proper implementation of the project.
Major roles and responsibilities & tasks
- Project Planning and Design:
- Prepare weekly and monthly basis specific work plan reviewing the Project Work plan for implementation the project activities under the guidance of Project Manager
- Estimate expenditure planning for implementation activities and take necessary initiatives for adjustment.
- Support nurses to work with Health Complex and Union level during vaccination.
- Support Youth Volunteers to register for vaccination & arrange vaccination campaigns.
- Prepare an advocacy plan, organize and facilitate sharing meetings with Upazilla administration and coordinate with the health department to develop micro plans for registration and vaccination.
- Arrange message dissemination process in the selected areas.
- Organize printing support for vaccine registration cards.
- Project Implementation and monitoring:
- Ensure project implementation in compliance with JAGONARI policies, procedures and strategies.
- Conduct regular field visit and ensure successful and timely implementation of the project activities with quality
- Regularly monitor the tasks of nurses and Youth Volunteers according to their micro level work plan and give supportive feedback if needed.
- Regularly review the progress against the work plan and take necessary action as per need.
- Ensure and monitoring quality data collection from the field and timely reporting to the Project Manager.
- Training and capacity building:
- Ensure that Nurses & Youth Volunteers are able to carry out tasks independently based on their capacity and skills.
- Provide technical assistance to the Nurses & Youth Volunteers to enhance their capacity to engage the community with project activities.
- Supervision, technical assistance and performance monitoring:
- Regular visit to field and provide supportive supervision, coaching and mentoring to enhance the Nurses Youth Volunteer’s capacity to achieve targeted activities timely.
- During field visit monitor the quality implementation of the project activities
- Encourage and support the Nurses & Youth Volunteers for accomplishment the overall activities of the project with quality and timely
- Ensure that pandemic related safeguards, health protocols and other requirements are fulfilled during implementation of the project.
Closely work with Project manager, MEAL team to develop periodical monitoring checklist
- Partnership, collaboration and networking
- Coordination with Upazila Health Complex along with local administration, health authorities and local youth activist groups
- Build effective linkage with women/youth/adolescent/ religious group/business association etc. and orient the group on community engagement for campaigns for COVID vaccine registration and message dissemination.
- Reporting and documentation:
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for the project.
- Prepare project activity based reports as and when required.
- Develop case studies, success stories, human interest stories, good practices and video clips on projects.
- Organize vaccine card, Xerox of vaccine register and provided to project manager.
- Employment status:
- Key Qualification:
Bachelor degree in Social Science/ Management/ Business Administration/ international development or any other related subject from any recognized university.
- At least 3 years working experiences for Implementation of Development Project funded by International and national donor
- Experience on community development and social mobilization
- Working Experience with Government including Dept. of Health
- Experience in COVID message dissemination is an asset
- Ability to understand English language and written communication in English
Reportable to the Project Manager, JAGO NARI
Commitment to JAGO NARI:
The Project Officer will ensure Zero Tolerance policy of JAGO NARI on Sexual Exploitation & Abuse and Child Safeguarding policy including other policy & procedures of the organization in managing and implementation of the project.
Read Before Apply
Interested candidates are requested to apply within 29th October, 2021 under the mentioned address-Email/ Physically with an updated CV along with a cover letter attaching of all educational certificates, 02 passport size photograph, Copy of National ID, Copy of COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate.
No TA/DA will be allowed for participation.
Women are especially encouraged to apply.
JAGO NARI, Ashahi Mansion (2nd floor), College Road, Barguna