Bhola Sadar, Bhola
Terms of Reference on for Production/Development of a video documentary on Inclusive DRRM
JAGO NARI, the non-political and non-government organization, in partnership with Plan International Bangladesh is implementing the “Inclusive Community Disaster Risk Reduction (ICDRM)” Project for 3 years i.e. 2018-2020. Specifically, ICDRM project activities responded to the overall project implementation plan i.e. at the household, community, local government and national level in favour of women, men, children, aged, and disability amidst vagaries of natural disasters due to the climate change.
In line with our project, JAGO NARI with support from Plan International Bangladesh is implementing a 3-years project titled, “Inclusive Community Disaster Risk Management” in the 3 (three) Unions: Kachia, Rajapur and Bheduria at Bhola Sadar Upazilla under Bhola district. The project outcomes too;
- Increased natural disaster preparedness capabilities of communities in Bangladesh;
- Identification of elements of a replicable model for building inclusive community-level natural disaster preparedness;
- The Emergency Response & Early Recovery Fund results in mitigated impacts of natural disasters on girls, boys and families in countries in Asia where Plan operates.
To better raise public awareness of our work, strengthen our partnerships and improve advocacy efforts, JAGO NARI & Plan International Bangladesh would like to recruit a Bangladesh based company to help produce a document through video documentary that captures our impacts, key results, successes and challenges, best practices and lessons learnt from the projects as well as the entire spectrum of our future program direction. To accomplish this, JAGO NARI & Plan International Bangladesh seeks to obtain the services of a competent consultant or firm that will produce the documentary while working in close collaboration with staff to build the internal capacity of undertaking similar assignments in future.
2.0 Call for Consultancy Services:
JAGO NARI invites bids from competent firms or individual consultants to submit their Expression of Interest (EoI) for consultancy services to undertake the production of 4 video documentary on “Inclusive Community Disaster Risk Management (ICDRM)”.
Following the theme is given below:
- Inclusion in disaster risk reduction.
- Replicable model of the (youth group activities) disaster risk reduction
- Overall project activities and objective, result
- Case Study
3.0 Rationale/justification for the documentary:
Women, aged people, men, children, disabled persons, transgender is especially unsafe and lack of protective gears in disaster period, which exposes them to injuries, death and damaged their property and wealth tremendously. Though these conditions are prevalent in each year, there are limited efforts geared towards addressing these challenges. This is exacerbated by inadequate documentation and thus undermines amplification of these issues on relevant platforms where redress can be sought. Therefore, the video documentary will document and raise public awareness of the aforementioned challenges for redress. It will specifically focus on the outputs and outcomes of the project in target areas.
The overall objective of the task is to produce a video documentary on the ICDRM focusing on DRM due to the climate change adaptation planning and legislation featuring achievements, impacts and more especially some of the lessons learned.
Specific tasks are:
- Develop a narrative concept and scenario for the video documentary
- Create a shot list inclusive of direct stakeholders, key government officials (Bhola District DRRO & PIO Office) and JAGO NARI – ICDRM Project staff
- Visit the project sites and interact with stakeholders impacted by the project
- Develop the documentary script and take footage
- Present a short, precise and informative draft documentary to JAGO NARI for review
- All video documentary should be subtitle by English
- Develop and suggest appropriate recommendations to inform policy planning and development.
- Interview selected interviewees for the documentary who shall include women Children & Youth, WDMC, UDMC and local government officials.
- Perform appropriate video filming and shoot interviews with the projects’ major beneficiaries and stakeholders with intensive field visit during the project period.
- 4 short Video documentaries need to be developed with a focus on overall project activities and other components (topics will be selected with consultation of ICDRM project and JN staffs)
- All the video documentaries would be no more than 3-5 minutes.
- 20 to 30 Action related project still photo should be submitted along with the final copy of Video documentary.
- The final copy should be submitted with Pen Drive.
The consultancy shall be for a duration of 60 days from the date of signing the contract. For the avoidance of doubt, consultation meetings with JAGO NARI team shall not be treated as working days.
6.0 Working arrangement:
The consultant shall be paid by 3 instalments. 20 % of the total cost upon approval and signing the contract, 2nd instalment (30%) will be paid after completion of filed shooting and rest (50%) the balance upon satisfactory final submission of the documentary.
7.0 Copy Right:
All materials arising out of the consultancy/firms shall remain the property of JAGO NARI
8.0 Required Qualifications and Experience of the Consultancy firm/individual:
(a) Must have more than 5 years of proven experience in film production. (b) Extensive experience in producing development work related documentaries for organizations with the aim of reaching out to both local and international audiences. (c) Excellent technical capacities (Full High Definition video) to ensure high-quality production. (d) Must be tax compliant/Tax registration certificate indicating TIN (e) Accurate current addresses i.e. physical, postal, telephones and email (f) Additional experience in development communication will be an added advantage. (g) Have extensive experience in producing news, documentary films, TV programs and short format films (proof of experience is a MUST). (h) Able to produce a high quality broadcast video on tight deadlines on a variety of different issues and subject matter; (i) Able to operate or dispatch a single member team that can produce and film on location without any other supervision
- Broadcast quality 1080p IS considered an HD resolution.
- Professional sound recording at a minimum of 88.2 kHz/24-bit
- HD web files and pen drive as final products
9.0 JAGO NARI will be responsible for:
(a) Preparing the Terms of Reference (ToR).
(b) Selecting, contracting and managing the consultant.
(c) Covering the costs of consultant and logistics associated with the assignment like organized project activities for the photoshoot.
(d) Actively engaging with the consultant during the documentary shooting process
(e) Reviewing the draft documentary and providing feedback.
10.0 The Consultant will be responsible for:
(a) Preparation of a technical and financial proposal, work plan and budget for the assignment.
(b) Engage JAGO NARI target beneficiaries and stakeholders throughout the assignment.
(c) Provide updated/draft video documentary to JAGO NARI as required
(d) Produce deliverables in accordance with the requirements and timeframes outlined in this ToR.
e) Camera, sound recording instrument, lighting and all related logistic will be arranged by the consultant firm.
11.0 Application procedure:
Applicants are required to submit the following:
(a) A technical proposal: Letter of Interest, stating why you consider yourself/your firm suitable for the assignment
(b) Firm/company profile on handling related assignment
(c) Personal CVs for individual consultant highlighting qualifications and experience
(d) Contact details of referees which shall be organizations for whom you have produced films or documentaries
(e) Financial proposal indicating consultancy fee and a breakdown of expenses (unit price together with any other expenses) related to the assignment.
(f) Both technical and financial proposal shall not exceed five pages
12.0 Expression of Interest:
JAGO NARI shall accept ONLY emails applications. Applications shall be submitted not later than 20 March 2020. Applications should be addressed to the Chief Executive, JAGO NARI, email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org
For any technical quarries, please contact with the following number: 01717150331 / 01711428825